Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Theology and Movies

One of the many things I enjoy is to watch movies and think of creative ways they can be used in ministry. This could be using clips from them or using the entire movie for a Bible study. I think I enjoy this because it offers that connection point for people in their daily lives. This joy is exactly where the idea for my Religion and Media project came from. I had heard so much buzz about the movie Frozen and the soundtrack that I figured there had to be a way to look at it theologically. After watching the movie twice in theaters I realized there were many different elements that could be used to look at this movie through a theological lens. I created this Movie Mash as what would serve as an opening clip to show before engaging in a deeper Bible study on the movie Frozen. I think it could be viewed prior to watching the movie or after the movie is seen. There are points where I am intentional about creating a tension between the song and images/words, while other times I am trying to create a connected theme.

https://vimeo.com/84706759


No comments:

Post a Comment